As a Technical Lead, you will work closely with engineers/scientists in a small, but fast-growing, team environment while i) applying the state of the art AI technologies in the field of deep learning and computer vision to design and develop the user recommendation platform to help our users to find their best matches and ii) building scalable and reliable backend API services to serve massive volume of client traffic while ensuring best user experience. A successful candidate will have strong technical skills and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
In this Technical Lead role, you will:
- Design, develop, and operate resilient distributed services that run on ECS or Kubernetes to serve hundreds of millions of users around the world
- Collaborate with various functional teams on expansion of our recommendation systems
- Influence the roadmap and product development of KlearNow App and services
- Recruit, inspire, and develop team members
We’re looking for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 6 to 10 years minimum industrial working experiences
- Excellent knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design and coding
- Technical stack Primary Skills Java Spring Boot Spring Batch SQL MongoDB
- Strong designing and building distributed backend systems handling high volumes of traffic
- Experience in handling ambiguous business requirements with excellent prioritization, time management abilities, and a focus on execution
- Passion to solve complex problems and make continuous improvements
- Experience in Search and Recommendation Systems preferred
- Excellent knowledge and experience on a backend language, like Java, Scala, Go, Node.js, etc.
- Sound knowledge of industry best practices, good organizational and leadership skills, and proficiency in Java technologies, good analytical skills, the ability to anticipate issues and frame remedial actions, and excellent teamwork skills.
- Excellent problem-solving decision making and analytical skills Partner with multiple teams to drive and complete process related deliverables Lead process improvement standardization
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in design and development using NoSQL, such as DynamoDB, Cassandra, or RocksD
- Experience with Aerospike, ElasticSearch, Kafka, and Spark
- Experience with Agile development methodology and CI/CD
- Experience with Docker containers along with Kubernetes or ECS